Caroline Song Looking Outward – 01

An interactive piece of design that has recently been an inspiration of mine is a website called Work Responsibly by Ales Nesetril. It has a very simplistic approach, as well as a calming color scheme (light grays and greens). Because the website is dedicated to helping young adults find a responsible and balanced lifestyle/mindset regarding their job, the peaceful sensation the site seems to give off makes sense.

A sample page from Work Responsibly. Here, you see the subtle color scheme of the website that I had mentioned above, as well as the minimalist approach I had also previously described. Link: https://www.workresponsibly.org/

Regarding Work Responsibly itself, this website is a compilation of mental resources, organized by what each person is specifically struggling in, in order to live the most productive and healthy work/life-style.

A collection of resources for sleep deprivation. The placing of the articles in an unconventional grid format is intriguing and allows the eye to be drawn to other resources more than others, which seems purposeful. Link: https://www.workresponsibly.org/sleep

One of my favorite parts of this website are the sliding effects that take place as I navigate the website. This is such a smooth transition that nothing takes me aback as new information glides across the screen in a manner that allows me not to feel stressed at all, even as a great deal of material is being presented to me.

As I mentioned before, this website was created by one person in the start of 2019 (however, Nesetril did mention his willingness to expand in collaboration with other designers). Therefore, this piece of interactive design is very new, which the author acknowledges by saying that this is currently a design that is in process and is always growing.

Using WebFlow to create this website (commercial software), Nesetril’s website design has potential to grow into a reliable mental health resource for those in the workforce. Especially since mental health is a prominent issue today, this website seems to have been created at the right time for it to increase in noticeability.