Jamie Park – LO 12

I know that I want to create something that generates drawings using a turtle. Therefore, I looked into computer-generated arts online.

This first artist is called Bogdan Soban, and he has been creating generative art for over 20 years. He uses a computer to combine and complete a work of art. Soban notes that there are four phases of the generative art method: idea, code creation, process, and final selection. The first and last are within the domain of humans, but the second and third are based on a code time machine. Therefore, it is the complication of code that differentiates the image of A and B.

I also wanted to create something that is interactive, so I looked into an interactive computer-generated installation. The example that I found is Nike’s interactive installation during Milan Design Week. This computer-generated work reacts to the viewer’s location and motion, creating an image based on the way a person interacts it.

Nike’s Super Natural Motion

For my final project, I would like to combine computer-generated art and interactive art together, creating interactive computer-generated art.