Mihika Bansal – Looking Outwards – 12

For the final project I want to play with creating animations based on the manner in which the user interacts with the keyboard and the mouse. So I am looking specifically at artists that have interesting styles in the manner that they create work. The first project that I am looking at is by an artist: Carlos de Oliveira Junior. The project is a generative flower piece, and many of his works resemble this style of work. I think his usage of color and imagery is very strong which I find to be interesting.

The second artist I am looking at I Benedikt Gross. This artist is very interesting because he uses data to create specific interesting visualizations. It isn’t apparent that Oliveira uses specific data to create his visualizations, he just has a strong visual sense. The project by Gross that I think is particularly interesting is “All Roads Lead to Rome.”

486.713 routes to Rome, 120cm × 80cm, lambda print / interactive web map
All Roads lead to Rome Image

The project has a strong visual sense, but uses data and a space that people are familiar with to create an image and feeling.

So these are the two artists that I am interested in using as inspiration for my final project for this class.