Mari Kubota- Looking Outwards- 12

For my final project I am creating a climate change related game. One project I found that was relevant to this is Solar Tapestry by Chloe Uden. Solar tapestry is an artful way of arranging solar panels in order to create an aesthetic and ecological form of energy. Chloe Uden describes this as “the Art and Energy collective re-imagines solar technology as an art material for the future.”

Another project that related to my final project is Starlit Stratus. Starlit Stratus, by Sunggi Park, is the first place winner of LAGI 2019 Abu Dhabi competition. It is a large-scale public art capable of producing clean energy. The canopy is made with inspired by origami. Sections of the triangular geometry are made from conventional rigid photovoltaic material to produce clean electricity during the day, while other sections are made from fabric that can easily fold and unfold. At night the light passes through these fabric geometries to create star-like patterns. 

Both of these artworks use solar panels in creative and artistic ways to produce clean energy that is good for the environment. This aesthetic arrangement of clean energy use encourages more people to become more ecological.