Looking Outwards 12

The two people I’ve chosen for this week are Angela Washko and Porpentine. Their projects are both interactive video games, The Game: The Game (Angele Washko) and Witch Egg (Porpentine). I’m a fan of interactive games like these, which is why I wanted to make my final project a sort of interactive game/program as well.

The first game, “The Game: The Game” is an interactive dating sim (or dating simulation) where you are given a list of choices for each event, that I assume furthers the date you are on with the character you’ve picked.

Here are some still images from the game.

The second game, Witch Egg, is also an interactive game where events happen based on the choices you make. This game is focused more on raising an egg, so for the sake of this post I tried playing the game.

This is the description of my egg at the start of the game:

screen-shot-2016-11-18-at-5-58-41-pm

I tried picking some of the options to advance my egg’s level:

screen-shot-2016-11-18-at-5-59-49-pm   screen-shot-2016-11-18-at-5-59-42-pm

After doing some more quests I managed to evolve my egg and got this:

screen-shot-2016-11-18-at-6-00-50-pm

screen-shot-2016-11-18-at-6-00-57-pm

I have no clue what any of this means.

HOWEVER, both of these games are relevant to what I want to do for my final project. Both have a lot to do with user-program interaction, and choices you make affect what happens in the game. My project is more close related to the Witch Egg game, especially since the game gives you the option of talking to your egg, which I did (I’m the Witch):

screen-shot-2016-11-18-at-6-05-55-pm

Since my project is to have an interactive character you can “talk” to, I found this project to be relevant to my final project.