elizabew – looking outwards – 05 – SectionE

“The Race Day” is a 2D image using 3D computer graphics made by Peter Nowacki that was based off of the concept art “Old Back Street” by Gary Tonge. The image was created using software such as Maya, Photoshop, 3ds Max, V-Ray, and After Effects. According to the artist, “First I used Maya, then I exported the whole scene to 3ds Max and used V-Ray. Textures were done in Photoshop and final composition and post – work in After Effects”.

What I really love about it is not only how realistic the image looks, but how visually interesting it is. The shadows that cascade over a multitude of objects while the light shines through where the canopy doesn’t cover almost creates a story. The attention to detail is inspiring. It was almost hard to believe it wasn’t a photo. The artist themselves talked about how they enjoyed adding details to the image day by day and how they were inspired by the the world and music around them. 

For more information about this project and to see more of his work — click here to visit his behance page.