Person in Time Ideas

1. People saying their names in incredibly slow motion. I think it might be interesting (but it could also turn out to be incredibly un-engaging and boring) to turn people’s stating of their names into incredibly slow, droning sound landscapes. I would be playing with the pitch of the audio to get something that isn’t just deep, obviously slowed down human voices.
  2. Orgasms are weird and they’re different for everybody. I want to record people’s orgasms using a bunch of biometric sensors (a number of muscle sensors in key locations, heart rate sensor, breath sensor, etc) and visualize that data to see how people orgasm differently. A few important notes about this idea: no audio or video is being recorded, I’m not intending to be present in the room while the data is being recorded; my intention with this idea is not to make pornography, but rather to see what different people’s bodies do while they’re having orgasms.
  3. Create a cockroach map of CMU. Track a number of cockroaches (honestly I have no idea how to do this part in any efficient way), and create a map of where the cockroaches like to hang out.