sophiaq-LookingOutwards-02

1. Turbulence: Watercolor + Magic

http://blog.drwoohoo.com/turbulence-watercolor-magic/

Explain, inspires, critique, research their inspiration

Dr. Woohoo created a series which explores the dynamic between automated robots and the natural movement of humans in order to combine the strengths of each and create exciting art. He codes a robot to paint with watercolor designs, and you can see the how the pattern fluctuates because of the natural elements of watercolor. Some of his other work in the series include robots carving mandalas on wood and the use of leap frog technology to copy his human movement onto robots. His work inspires me because of the finished product of the human+robot arts – the art strokes are surprisingly inconsistent even though they were created by robots. I’m interested in the fluctuations of automatization which will inspire my art later on. As a critique, Dr.Woohoo could create more mixed media art with robots and human rather than just one-on-one robot with the material. What is working is that all his artwork looks beautiful and he should continue that. Dr. Woohoo specializes in algorithmic art, generative patterns, and design.