elizabew – project – 12 – Proposal – Choose your adventure

Inspired by many rpg and choose your adventure games that I’ve played throughout the years, I wanted to create one of my own (granted, it’ll be much simpler than the ones I was inspired by).

The story for this project is still up in the air to potentially change, but I want to create an escape horror story. It starts out with your character (possibly a narrator instead) inside a pitch-black building, trying to figure a way out. Most of the endings will be considered “bad endings” with one “neutral ending” and one “true ending”. Instead of focusing on graphics, I thought it would be more tense if the user is placed in a situation where they can’t see where they are, but they can hear the sounds around them. The only thing they can “see” is just the text options that they can choose to allow them to continue along the story.

Choose your adventure idea

The interactive part of the game will be the choices the user makes. I considered randomizing some of the story branches – but i felt it would complicate the story more and potentially confuse the player.